The Kharkiv National University of Economics is connected by direct historical continuity with the Kharkiv commercial school of Emperor Alexander III (1893-1919), Kharkov higher commercial courses of the Kharkov merchant society (1912-1916), Kharkov Commercial Institute (1916-1919) and the Kharkov Institute of a National Economy (1919-1930).
Official date of creation is October 1, 1930 when it was formed on the basis of industrial faculty of the Kharkov Institute of a National Economy as the Kharkov Engineering and Economic Institute. It prepared experts specialized in engineering and economic analysis for the key branches of the heavy industry of Ukraine and the USSR on machine-building, metallurgical, chemical and a forge faculties. In 1964 the faculty of the mechanized processing of the economic information was founded; the economics faculty was formed in 1970.
The institute rendered wide advisory help to the industrial enterprises on reconstruction, technological updating, increase of labour productivity and economic efficiency of manufacture, cost-effectiveness analysis and, since 1960, on the organization of automated control systems (management information systems). During this period the institute had created the advanced system of retraining and improvement of professional skill of the supervising personnel of the industry.
At the institute a number of research laboratories operated, including research laboratory of economy and organizations of machine-building industry of the Kharkov economic region under the scientific management of Prof. E.G. Liberman. Its research was assumed as a basis of economic reform in 1965 in the USSR.
Faculty of economy and law
- Economy of Enterprises
- Human Resource Management
Faculty of economic informatics
- Economic Statistics:
- Information Managing System:
- Economic Cybernetics:
- Publishing-polygraphic business
- Computer ecology-economic monitoring
Faculty of marketing and management
- Management of Organisations:
- Administrative Management
Faculty of international economic relations
- Economic Theory
- International Economy
- Foreign Economic Activity Management
Faculty of accountancy and auditing
- Accountancy and Auditing
Faculty of finance
University provides professional development of foreign citizens of all previously mentioned specialities in the form of probation and retraining. Candidate (Ph.D) and Doctor of Science courses are available at the University. Post-graduate course duration is 3 years followed by thesis defence and degrees of Ph.D. in Economics are awarded.
1 of October – application deadline (request an Invitation to study).
25 of October – arrival deadline (the final date you must arrive at the University).
30 of January – application deadline (request an Invitation to study).
25 of February – arrival deadline (the final date you must arrive at the University).
There are no application deadlines (request an Invitation to study).
But you have to arrive at the University during the 6 months after you have gotten an Invitation.
1 of May-15 of August – a period when the Preparatory Department does not accept new arrivals.
First stage (before arrival):
1. Request the University for an Invitation to study in Ukraine.
2. Collect all required documents for getting Student Visa for Ukraine.
3. Notify the University about your arrival date and time. It is a must requirement! In case you don’t do that, the University will not be able to send a Confirmation letter to the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine. As a result, you will be you will be banned from entering the country and you will be sent back home right from the Ukrainian airport.
Second stage (after arrival):
1. Bring the required package of documents to the University.
2. Pass an interview on the main subjects of a chosen specialty (e.g. Math, Chemistry etc.) if necessary.
3. Make a payment for the study and hostel.
4. Pass a medical examination.
5. Open a bank account.
6. Temporary residence permit for students in Ukraine.
Currently, the information is not available
At present, the University does not provide any financial aid.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND