Kherson State Maritime Academy is a state higher educational establishment with the fourth level of accreditation. It trains maritime professionals with academic degrees Bachelor, Master and Philosophy Doctor.
There are Navigation Faculty and Engineering Faculty at the Academy. Maritime College and Professional Maritime Lyceum are the unincorporated structural units of the Academy. Academy with its structural units is a unique educational establishment that uses a unified approach to educational process organization. The teaching staff consists of highly qualified specialists in the marine domain and teachers of the top-qualification. There are twelve departments with 146 teachers including 10 doctors of sciences, professors and 65 candidates of sciences, associate professors. There are 124 teachers at the Maritime College and Professional Maritime Lyceum including 49 teachers of top-qualification. Teachers of the departments work on the training development for the disciplines of the curriculum, take part in All-Ukrainian, Regional and Interuniversity research and scientific conferences, so that their scientific works are published in specialized journals and scientific collected volumes of HAC. The research work plays a great role in the life of the Academy notwithstanding the young age of the Academy in the capacity of the higher educational establishment.
One of the most significant tasks of the Academy is training of the competitive marine specialists for the national and global job markets. Cadets of the Academy and College have practice on the vessels that belong to the famous shipping companies of Germany, Greece, Holland, Great Britain, USA etc. Moreover, Academy invites best teachers and lecturers of the highest qualification from the European countries.
In 2007 Marine College entered into an agreement with Marlow Navigation about the cooperation in marine specialists training at the premises of Kherson Maritime College. This Agreement includes training, certification, further employment of the cadets and their career development in the Company.
1 of October – application deadline (request an Invitation to study).
25 of October – arrival deadline (the final date you must arrive at the University).
30 of January – application deadline (request an Invitation to study).
25 of February – arrival deadline (the final date you must arrive at the University).
There are no application deadlines (request an Invitation to study).
But you have to arrive at the University during the 6 months after you have gotten an Invitation.
1 of May-15 of August – a period when the Preparatory Department does not accept new arrivals.
First stage (before arrival):
1. Request the University for an Invitation to study in Ukraine.
2. Collect all required documents for getting Student Visa for Ukraine.
3. Notify the University about your arrival date and time. It is a must requirement! In case you don’t do that, the University will not be able to send a Confirmation letter to the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine. As a result, you will be you will be banned from entering the country and you will be sent back home right from the Ukrainian airport.
Second stage (after arrival):
1. Bring the required package of documents to the University.
2. Pass an interview on the main subjects of a chosen specialty (e.g. Math, Chemistry etc.) if necessary.
3. Make a payment for the study and hostel.
4. Pass a medical examination.
5. Open a bank account.
6. Temporary residence permit for students in Ukraine.
Currently, the information is not available
At present, the University does not provide any financial aid.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND