The history of pedagogical University goes back to 1803; the first students were admitted to the university on September 1, 1811. Educational activities of V.Karazin, G.Kvitka-Osnovyanenko, P.Gulak-Artemovsky and others contributed to its establishment. The educational establishment became Alma Mater for lots of famous scientists, writers, artists, sportsmen and teachers providing its students with deep knowledge and moulding their personality. Kharkiv State Pedagogical University is one of the oldest in Ukraine; it has gained wide educational and scientific experience, interesting history and distinctive traditions. In 1991 administration, lecturers, workers of the university and students saved up money and erected the monument to G.S.Skovoroda on the territory of the university. It was not only the manifestation of deep love and respect for the philosopher, it also proved to be the symbol of pedagogical science, pedagogical mastery, selfperfection, great achievements of educationalists and teachers in Slobozhanschina. More than 190 years (first as an institute and since 1994 as a university) Kharkiv State Pedagogical University has been providing training of highly qualified specialists. Today it is one of the leading higher educational pedagogical establishments in Ukraine with complex structure. It comprises 47 educational establishments (schools, colleges, lyceums, gymnasiums) and 8 institutes (The Institute of World languages, The Institute of Economics and Law, The Institute of Postgraduate Education, The Institute of Arts, The Institute of Primary Education and Psychology, The Institute of Natural Science and Mathematics, The Institute of Ukrainian Kozatstvo, Pedagogics and Psychology Research Institute) which include 17 departments; 60 chairs with more than 700 professors and lecturers carry out the educational process in the University. The University also provides studies for those working on their Candidate of Science (in 34 specialities) and Doctorate (in 22 specialities) theses.
1 of October – application deadline (request an Invitation to study).
25 of October – arrival deadline (the final date you must arrive at the University).
30 of January – application deadline (request an Invitation to study).
25 of February – arrival deadline (the final date you must arrive at the University).
There are no application deadlines (request an Invitation to study).
But you have to arrive at the University during the 6 months after you have gotten an Invitation.
1 of May-15 of August – a period when the Preparatory Department does not accept new arrivals.
First stage (before arrival):
1. Request the University for an Invitation to study in Ukraine.
2. Collect all required documents for getting Student Visa for Ukraine.
3. Notify the University about your arrival date and time. It is a must requirement! In case you don’t do that, the University will not be able to send a Confirmation letter to the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine. As a result, you will be you will be banned from entering the country and you will be sent back home right from the Ukrainian airport.
Second stage (after arrival):
1. Bring the required package of documents to the University.
2. Pass an interview on the main subjects of a chosen specialty (e.g. Math, Chemistry etc.) if necessary.
3. Make a payment for the study and hostel.
4. Pass a medical examination.
5. Open a bank account.
6. Temporary residence permit for students in Ukraine.
Currently, the information is not available
At present, the University does not provide any financial aid.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND