Ukraine is the largest country in Europe (after European part of Russia). Ukraine is a country with more than a thousand years of history and traditions that originate in antiquity.
Ukraine is member to numerous world and regional international bodies, including United Nations (UN), OSCE, the Council of Europe, EU Energy Community, the GUAM and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The country is currently taking steps to accede to EU and NATO, and has special partnership with both organizations.
Ukraine obtained a market economy status from both the USA and the EU and has also joined the World Trade Organization (WTO). Foreign direct investment (FDI) has continued to flow in, although in a relatively low volume.
On 27 June 2014, the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement was signed by European Union Heads of State and Government and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in Brussels. The key parts focus on support to core reforms, economic recovery and growth, and governance and sector cooperation in areas such as energy, transport and environment protection, industrial cooperation, social development and protection, equal rights, consumer protection, education, youth, and cultural cooperation. Also it includes a Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area with EU – this will go further than classic free trade areas, as it will both open up markets but also address competitiveness issues and the steps needed to meet EU standards and trade on EU markets.
In 1992 Ukraine became a member of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (World Bank). It also became affiliated with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
Some Major Advantages of Studying in Ukraine:
- Ukraine has it all. World class universities, An affordable and carefree lifestyle, and plenty of warm sunshine to go around.
- Admission by simple application.
- No IELTS and TOEFL required.
- Tuition Fee to be paid after arrival.
- Bilateral Student Exchange Program with Universities in Germany, France, Sweden , Finland , Poland, Czech Republic , etc.
- Almost all universities of Ukraine are recognized by international bodies and organizations such as WHO also known as AVICENNA Directory for Medicine, IMED International Medical Education Directory of FAIMER, UNESCO and AMEE.
- The students who have completed their medical degrees in Ukraine are permitted to apply for International Licensing exams like USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), PMDC, MCI Screening Test as well as other licensing exams taking place throughout the world.
- Ukrainian Medicine (MD) & Aviation Engineering is best in the world.
- Only 10 students per class. Individual attention.
- European life standard yet low cost of education, living and travelling.
- One of the Best Transportation systems in Europe.
- There are chances of permanent Residence & settlement in Europe after completion of study program.
- Ukrainians have been granted Schengen Visa-free travel in the EU from 11 June 2017. International Students can also avail this opportunity.
- Ukraine is a dynamic, vibrant country with energetic, friendly people.
Education in Ukraine:
Education in Ukraine is given great attention by the government and a large number of facilities and institutions exist for the purpose of educating the population.The system of education in Ukraine extends right from pre-school to higher education.
Ukraine has a very well-developed higher education system. Higher education is provided by higher education establishments, private bodies and scientific and methodological facilities of the government. This system also encompasses post-graduate programs and Ph.D’s as well as self-education. The levels of accreditation depend on the Higher Education Institutes’ status. Level one includes vocational schools and the like who train junior specialists. Level two are colleges and similar organizations who teach bachelors. Level three is made up of universities, institutes,academies and conservatories which provide education for bachelors and specialists. Level four includes universities, conservatories, institutes and academies which educate bachelors, specialists and masters.
It is evident that the system of education in Ukraine has been well-developed and opportunities exist for the entire population, even those living in the rural areas
The universities offer three main degrees: a four-year of studies Bachelor Degree, a five-year Specialist Degree, which is traditional for the post-Soviet states, and finally, the western-type Master Degree, which is also conferred upon a student after either 5 or 6 years of studies. Although, study- and time-wise Specialist Degree is a full equivalent to the western Master’s. There are certain degrees, such as medical and engineering, which require longer years of studies in order to receive appropriate qualification.
Most universities in Ukraine offer classes in Ukrainian language (except for the professional language schools), however there are number of programs offered in English
Now Let us explore why Ukraine now has thousands of international students from over 55 countries in disciplines at every level of education, including short-term language courses, Bachelor and Masters Degrees right through to Doctoral Degrees.
The Ukrainian approach to vocational and technical education is now recognised as among the best and most innovative in the world. It enjoys an international reputation for excellence in all areas of education and training. Ukrainian universities are widely recognised for excellence in many disciplines.
Institutions deliver practical and career-orientated training so graduates can be confident they have the skills demanded by employers. It has played an important role in Ukraine’s economic performance, by greatly increasing the skill of workers and contributing to improved productivity.
Ukraine has a reputation for adopting new technologies at a faster rate than in most other countries and enters the new millennium with one of the highest rates of internet access in the world. Facilities for teaching, training and research are world-class in terms of state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms, outstanding libraries and modern technology.
Ukrainian qualifications are recognized by employers and leading educational institutions in many countries around the world.
Ukraine’s national quality assurance system is unique both in its structure and its rigour. International students, and even their parents, enjoy an unparalleled level of service and financial protection. The country is committed to providing quality education to students — be it national or international.
Ukraine is a beautiful country with plenty to see and do.